Tuesday, May 23, 2006

2 cute 4 U

Every night, about 20-30 minutes after we put Annika to bed, one of us barks to the other "Go check on my baby!"

It's much more collaborative than it sounds.

When the one who went to check returns, we report back on what we witnessed. We go on to describe her level of awakeness (usually fast asleep), if she seems hot (checked her forehead, and it's cool), where the blanket is in relation to her body (wrapped around her face) and what position she's in (various options, insert here: ____).

She is just TOO CUTE when she's asleep. I can't even tell you. I want to grab her out of the crib and kiss her all over, but it's only been 11 months since weeks of sleepless nights, and the memory is still all too clear in my mind, so I'm able to easily restrain myself.

This is what Chris discovered this evening:



You'll note the side-lying position, the crossed feet and the blanket placement. The first time I found her on her side was only a few weeks ago - she had been a very diligent back sleeper up until that moment. Now we find her in all sorts of places in the crib. One of her favorites is flat on her back with her arms spread wide and her left foot propped up on the crib bumper. Seriously guys....2 CUTE 4 U!

Oh yeah - and check out the hair. When we take her to stores/restaurants/the park, the most common exclamation re: Annika is, "Oh my God! What a head of hair!" Happens very frequently. I usually roll my eyes and say, "Yeah, it's crazy." I mean...isn't it? Like, Albert Einstein crazy. Maybe she'll be a genius! Maybe she already is! Maybe she's German!

I'm tired now (obviously). Good night!

1 comment:

Mandy Knotts said...

ahhh- that is too cute!! I especially love the leg propped up on the bumper pose! And she DOES look like she's got a ton of hair! Miss you guys:-)