Monday, August 03, 2009

Today


Had a good day today - both kids slept in (sorta...Annika got up a little before 9 while Declan got up at 4 and 7, but then slept till 10:15.). So I snuck in some good rest...sorta.

Rounded up the troops for a Starbucks run around noon. I prefer to get it earlier, but with the late start and treating myself to a shower mixed in with some feeding, that was pretty much our first shot.

After a quick drive-thru experience, I decided to keep driving because I wasn't ready to face the rest of the day in my messy home. Annika and I pretended we were underwater - she was an eel, Declan was a jellyfish and I was a whale...not my choice.

We passed by the bookstore and I suggested we check it out - Annika was game, and I've been steadily trying to improve Declan'a book collection. We had a blast there, picked up two new books for Miss Annika and one for Dex.

When we got home, we "played" with Declan which translates to laying on a blanket and waving toys in his face. Annika is pretty good at keeping him entertained and we had a great time - no one more than D who loooves attention of all kinds.

Scooby Doo movie for Annika, feeding for D , and a quick game of backyard I Spy rounded out the afternoon.

Whew! I am beat, but not too shabby. Though, my house is still a mess.





1 comment:

Emily said...

That sounds like a perfect day. You got to let your housecleaning go. Sounds like your day was worth a "messy" house.