Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Baby turns 4

My little girl is 4. Four years old! Four going on 18....

Annika is a really special person. She is caring. She is smart. She is selfless, and she is picky. She's so unique that Chris and I often marvel that we created her...we created this awesome person.

Annika asks a lot of questions. She understands a lot. We had a conversation last week about creationism vs. evolution. She so far is pretty sure that God created the Earth and people, but respects Darwin's position.

This year will be remembered for Declan's birth. But I hope we also remember that this is the year that Annika entered Pre-K, tried to learn to swim, asked for "Jack In The Box" for the first time (embarrassing...but true) and told me that she would "never break up" with me and that we'll be "best friends forever."

Annika - I love you so much, it swallows me up! You'll always be my baby and my best friend. Happy Birthday to you.

4 comments:

Mandy Knotts said...

Happy 4th dear Annika!

The Barbers said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Annika! So funny, Lydia was just asking me the other day how people were born after the dinosaurs and how monkeys became people.

Barbara Wilson said...

So glad I was never from a monkey, and that God, is God, and that I have the capacity to resemble His character...just as my Annika and Declan do, and my Jenn and Chris, too! WOW! To think how close the unfortunate pendulum could have swung; but God made my family very special, indeed: no monkey minds have we!
I feel so sorry for those who are related to monkeys, and can never be, or aspire for, more...how fortunate I am, to be related to the replicas of God's wonderment and goodness; glowingly evident in the Hakes family...the epitome of the best example of God's creation: beautiful, intelligent, kind, generous, sensitive, serving, patient, serene, and so absolutely loving! Oh, and so funny and clever, too...just like, God! (Humor, is from God...by the way...)
Anyway, know Chris, Jennifer, Annika, and that little, darling Declan, and you get a "window view", of what God intended for us all. (But only non-monkeys can ever have.)
I love this site - now I know how to follow the lives of my most precious, little treasures! Smiles and tears followed me, as I scrolled through the pictures and journal gifted here...what an all year Christmas present this is!
OMG! That Declan - when can I "reach in", and get ahold of him? Bill Gates - create a way!
Love you so much,
Aunt Barbara

Barbara Wilson said...

Annika - "I love you so much, it swallows me up!"
I love this!
Aunt Barbara