Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Before & After: Doors

Our front door was very old, had a 70s style sidelite that had to go (sorry Laura) and it also was held up by tape since it was used to break in many years ago (before Chris and I lived here...and I swear we don't live in the ghetto, just bad luck).  We painted the inside white a while ago, and it looked ok - but needed to be improved.



We actually get a lot of compliments on the new door, and I love it too, but surprises me that others seem to like it...we looked online for weeks and every door seemed sort of stale...boring, etc. I kept coming back to this one - after it was all said & done (ordered online pre-hung, installed by the contractor and stained by the painters) the cost was very fair. We had a larger budget for the door, so to come under was pretty exciting...and very, very rare during this experience.

Doesn't it just say "Welcome to our home"?




Bonus: You can play the "where's Annika" game in the last photo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to say I was skeptical when I heard the stained glass was going away. How could they ever replace the one piece that really tied the whole house together? However, the new door is not only lovely, it still has a little "funk" to it, so I guess I'll still come over and visit (lucky you...)

Disclaimer: I meant "funk" in a cool, groovy kind of way. I am not implying that your door has an odorous rank.