Saturday, October 11, 2008

Before & After: Annika's Room

Annika's room went away with the demo - the side of the house where her bedroom was turned into a longer hall leading to the extra bathroom and two bedrooms.  It's still a trip when I head out that way as I think "how far does this thing go??" I don't have pictures of the old hall, but please trust that it was much shorter.  This is what it looks like now:




To the far left you see a door to the new bathroom and if you go all the way and turn right, you run into an orange paradise. I have heard horror stories of parents letting their 3 year old select the color for their bedroom, and let me tell you....I understand them. Annika's first choice had been a bright green. And I'm making it sound nice. Then she shifted to purple - which I am not a fan of - then finally orange. Yellow is her favorite color, so I think she wanted a change. A reminder of what her room used to look like (when it was a nursery):



And this is the result of much...orange:





In this last shot, you can look up and see her loft. The loft was a big deal for me - how fun would that be as a kid?? We still have to get the ladder and rail installed, but I think it'll be a while until she ventures up there...it's high.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm a big fan of the orange. When you come visit, you'll see why. Annika has chosen wisely. It looks awesome. And yes, the loft is totally cool!