Wednesday, March 01, 2006

We're back, baby!

OK, OK...I have received a few complaints/death threats about the state of this blog. i.e. the lack of updates. I was actually a little surprised since, well, no one reads this, but, well...maybe they do? Then I have to remember the subject of this blog is Annika, and who *wouldn't* want to read about her?

So, here's the scoop: We've been busy. And by busy, I mean sick. The last blog post was Valentine's Day and the reason it was so timely because I was at home with the baby and the in-laws who were helping me watch the baby as I tried to battle this horrendous cold and get some work done. Work got done, the battling did not, and I wound up being sick for the rest of the week and most of the weekend. I say I had the flu, but Chris says I'm a crazy wuss and that it was a cold. Laid up for nearly 10 days? YOU DECIDE. Anyway, the baby also contracted this virus, but on a much smaller scale, which I am grateful for. In fact, she was probably happier and easier to care for during her illness than most of the time. She had a nasty cough, though, and that proved annoying to her when trying to sleep - not that we could blame her. But she actually managed to sleep pretty well during the stretch of her cold, and right now, we're both healthy on that front.

Then about 2 days after I started feeling better, I started feeling worse. Not a cold this time, but a breast infection. Sparing you the details, let's just say it doesn't feel good. And part of that process is to have 'flu-like symptoms.' So I had it again! So, to wrap this up, I wasn't in a blogging "place" for the last two weeks, not to excuse myself, but to explain that I am a very weak person.

So, Annika is GREAT! She is funny, laughs a lot, does an excellent ventriloquism act...ok, not the last one, but she's quite the entertainer. As her personality starts to develop, we see how she loves to be entertained and to entertain. She loves people - especially people she knows - she loves food, and hates taking naps because she doesn't want to miss the action. In short, she's my daughter.

Because Annika has been such a champ lately, we finally went where we've never went before...on a date night. Uncle Ben watched the little one from 5 - 11, and we actually went out to dinner (!) and to a show! It was a fun night. Now, let's remember that this date was right in the middle of my "cold" (flu) and my breast infection onset...so I was a little tired. But nothing was going to stop me from going out! Chris was also exhausted from watching us both for weeks on end...but he also maintained and I think we had a great evening. I'm looking forward to more, but not sure if Uncle Ben is up to the task...any other takers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm up to the task! You let me know when you need someone to watch her and I'm there! Promise!! Just call... you'll see!

Jenn/Momma said...

well, well, well...Little Annika may have a new best friend!

I'll have her people call your people...

Anonymous said...

She's cool as long as you have a supply of cornbread, crack stars, never sneeze and prevent her from taking naps atleast 4 hours before her bedtime. (p.s. I think someone needs to update Uncle Ben's profile.)