Sunday, November 27, 2005

Turkey Day

Annika looooves turkey! Well, not really. But she loooves cranberry sauce! OK, that's not true either.

I was looking for a relevant opening line about Thanksgiving, and that's the best I can do. Yeah, seriously.

I am typing this as myself and my sweet baby fight back colds. Neither strain is violent - she has a yucky cough that tends to show up when she's laying down (yes, thereby disturbing her sleep) and I have some congestion that tends to show up when I'm laying down as well (oh yes - thereby distrubing my sleep). So it's been fun, but not too bad. At least I got to call our medical plan's advice nurse and use our
saline drops from our baby meds kit! I feel like such an involved mother.

Thanskgiving was a wonderful time. Annika got to see literally dozons of cousins, aunts, uncles, close family friends, grandparents...you get the idea. She was sooo excited to be with so many people. This is how I summed it up to Chris, "She loves the people and attention, but she can't handle it." Not handling it manifested itself in her inability to sleep the first night, and being generally crankier at strange times the next day. She also had a screaming fit on Friday that I wasn't privvy to, but her father was there and he reported that it wasn't pretty.

However little sleep there was, I will say that she (and us!) truly had a great time. Cousins young and old alike fawned over her. She saw her great-grandmother Julie and her two baby cousins Ally and Braden who were born in October and late July, respectively. And she really really likes people. There was constant interaction and activity, and she just ate it up. Even after only sleeping 3 hours Wednesday night, she was in wonderful spirits for most of Thursday and so much enjoyed the love that surrounded her.


By the way, this is the 48th post. YEAH!

2 comments:

Jenn/Momma said...

It's a Jumperoo! It was on loan from cousin Braden who hardly ever got to use it - Annika was quite the fan. And so were we - anything that entertains her for more than 15 minutes at a time is a friend of ours. We love you Jumperoo...we love you!

Mandy Knotts said...

So glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!! I just hope those colds clear up soon and you guys can get some sleep again! Miss you three!