Saturday, August 27, 2005

She speaks!


In the last few weeks, Annika has been talking more and more...not necessarily a recognized language, but she is good with her "oohs" "ahhs" and "ehs." She usually talks when she's in a good mood and usually when someone is interacting with her or is she's trying to get someone's attention.

Now, I have thought this was all cool in itself, but last night, she talked to Chris! She was in her new bouncy chair, and she would say "ooh" and he would repeat and say "ooh" and she would say "ooh" and so on...she was responding to him! I know it sounds small, but I was so impressed at her interest in communicating. And a little bitter that she decided that chatting with Daddy was the way to go...



Also, Annika had several visitors yesterday. Newly-married Carol Yang whom I went to high school with was in the area for a wedding and stopped by. They got on quite famously. And Uncle Tony also stopped by with a new friend and Annika sat in her bouncy chair while we enjoyed Thai food. If I knew the bouncy chair was going to be this magical, I would have shelled out my $29.99 much earlier.

1 comment:

Mandy Knotts said...

I agree those chairs are magic. Travis loves sitting in his and I can sometimes squeeze out 20-30 minutes to get some things done around the house. For babies that like to be held-- as ours do!!-- its great:-). Your right though-- they are truly ugly!:-)