Saturday, February 06, 2010

Annika built a fort

...and other things we do as a family.

We lead pretty boring lives...I always struggle when someone asks how our weekend was, or what "new things" the kids are up to. The truth is, we really just hang out. Sometimes we go shopping. Sometimes we go out to eat. Usually we play with the kids. That's about it. But I love it - wouldn't trade it for anything.

A couple of weeks ago, Annika asked Chris to build her a fort, and this is the fruit of their labor. I came home and was like...wow! I wish I had something like that as a kid! The end result of that is, 3 weeks later, our couches are still 'fort style." But that's ok. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
'

Declan loves to play with things that are not toys. As the second child, he doesn't really have a lot to choose from, truth be told, but the collection has gotten better over the last 9 months. Anyway, he loves measuring spoons, tape, shoes, belts, and most of all, the remote control. (though, what little kid doesn't?) I'm not sure exactly what he's playing with in this picture, but he did enjoy it.



Yeah, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's an awesome fort!