Tuesday, September 08, 2009

What really happens when Momma is away...

With Daddy at home playing Mr. Mom, the perception of what happens at home and the reality are somewhat different. My loving wife manages to play up my parenting skills by only showing off the cute videos where the boy and I get along and it's all smiles and giggles. What she doesn't show you is actually what goes on most of the time (me torturing my son trying to get him to roll while my poor daughter is ignored)...



The only thing that keeps me safe from CPS (child protective services) is that I somehow managed to get in good with Annika early so she won't narc on me now, and Declan can't talk yet and can be bought off with 4 ounces of breastmilk.

One more thing, contrary to our government's current position, torture does work.

4 comments:

Jenn/Momma said...

We're going to jail.

1) I had seen that first video, and it's just as painful to watch the second time.

2) I think that second video happened today and you're right...he can roll now without a complaint!!! I can't believe it!!!

Am I condemning torture?...no comment.

Emily said...

If you think you guys need to go to jail for that, we are going to death row.

He rolls like a pro!

Mandy Knotts said...

that's awesome!

Summer said...

I have to say I'm mildly uncomfortable with all of the torture/capital punishment metaphors you all are using on your parenting techniques... Also that first video is hilarious.