Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tuckered out.


Annika slept through the night starting at 3 months. We knew at the time we were lucky, but now that I have a kid who isn't as...accommodating...now I really know how lucky we were.

I think what worries me the most is when I go back to work (countdown: just over two weeks to go) and I walk around like a zombie. I am fully aware I'm not the only person in all the land to go to work sleepless, but doesn't mean I'll like it!

In other, more happy news, Declan laughs! Chris has a pretty surefire way to make that happen - it involves a lot of belly tickles. He also is close to rolling over and I'm pretty sure he's starting to teethe. He drools incessantly, bites on most anything he can get his hands on (not me - knock on wood), and often throws his hands into his mouth. Could be part of the sleeping problem? Maybe? I don't know...too tired to care.

Annika got moved up in her preschool to "Red Group 1" which basically means Pre-K. A little more focus on letters, numbers, learning, etc. as opposed to socialization. I was worried she would have difficulty transitioning, but she told me this morning that she likes her new classroom and was worried at first, but isn't any more.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Annika slept through the night at three months!?!?!?!?!

Jenn/Momma said...

Yeah....I try to keep a lid on that to avoid reactions like yours.