Friday, December 12, 2008

Jingle bells

Annika and I trimmed the tree on Sunday (after Daddy put it up, vacuumed the carpet of stray needles and hung the lights) and I can say this is the first year she's fully aware of Christmas and its traditions. Uncle Ben brought over an Advent Calendar (which Chris and I never had...so know nothing about, but apparently there's candy involved) and she's already made her first handmade ornament at school.

Trimming the tree was so much fun with her because every ornament would delight her. She'd say "it's so pretty!!!" and ask me every time she hung one if it was in an ok place. You'll note from the picture she was particularly fond of one section of the tree and that is where most of her ornaments were hung.

She is also excited about what she's getting for me and Daddy this year. When I asked her what she wanted to get him, she knew right away. She said, "I want to get him [this]." I said, wow, ok, and then I asked her for more specifics and she knew exactly how she wanted it to be. Chris said he's had similar conversations with her about my present except what she wants to get me and what he thinks she should apparently have led to a disagreement of sorts. I can't wait for the full story...I'm sure the punchline is that she is awesome and adorable.

Baby # 2 continues to grow and so does his mom...just not only in the tummy. But don't judge me!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Who gets to hang the star at the top of the tree?