Monday, December 31, 2007

The holidays in brief

What Annika Says is Her Favorite Present: Baby Jaguar.

Her Real Favorite Present: Car ramp.

How Many Hours it Took to Get to Grandma & Pop's House: (not including layover in Santa Monica) 9.

How Many Hours it Took to Get Home: 6.

How Many Presents Annika Opened: Too many to count.

How Many Presents We Bought Her: 5.

How Many Cookies Did Annika Put Out for Santa: 3.

How Many Carrots for the Reindeer: 3.

Who Actually Ate Said Cookies & Carrots: It was a group effort.

Most Memorable Moment: Watching Annika take in all the presents under the tree on Christmas morning.

Second Most Memorable Moment: When she begged me to remove her "itchy" (yet perfect) holiday dress.

Best Playmate: Joshua Henry.

Most Exhausted Playmate: Daddy. 

I'd like to thank my parents for hosting us and spoiling us, my brother and his new wife for being the "fun" aunt & uncle, my husband for driving all over creation and my baby for going with the flow, not (yet) showing signs of over-spoiling and being too cute.

3 comments:

Emily said...

9 hours? How is that possible? You can fly across the country in that time and yet you flew within the state.

Anonymous said...

As one of Annika's proud grandparents, I just want to say she is as adorable and cute as these pictures reflect. She is without a doubt the "best grandchild ever"> Annika and her Mommy and Daddy are welcome down in Southern California anytime.

Summer said...

They're also welcome in New Jersey! It was so wonderful to see you guys, and to see how much more grown up Annika is now...she's adorable, brilliant and perfect, and I wish I could see her all the time!! Love you all...