Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm not old!


Annika, how old are you?

I'm one.

Nooo! Annika...how old are you?

I'm one.

Annika! You're two!!!

I'M NOT OLD!

True story.

She is older, and of course, wiser. She needs longer legs, though - still can't pedal the two (yes, two - it's a theme) tricycles she received for her birthday. She asked us to sing her the happy birthday song twice...yes, yes, a theme I tell you!

I'm sorry for the delay between posts. Nothing delights me more than telling you about her triumphs, but it's been a rough month. Never fear - there is light at the end of the iTunnel.

Random updates: She speaks in complete sentences...she can swim on her own (with a delightful inner tube-like device that makes her feel like she's swimming)...she heard Uncle BB's voice on the answering machine and knew it was him, despite the fact that she's only seen him twice in the last 6 months...she's going to North Carolina in August to see her GG and Uncle Erik...she wears a 2T...she is a Daddy's girl...she loves to bounce on the bed with Grandma...she always asks where Pop is when he leaves the room...she still pinches Nana, but Nana loves it...only Papa can get her out of the car...Uncle Ben makes her giggle...Nico is her best friend...Braden is trying to kill her (don't be alarmed)...no plans for a brother or sister (right now at least).

Much love!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I would have liked so see her get into that cake. I'm surprised you didn't get her two cakes.

Mandy Knotts said...

Ahh- love the update! So glad Annika is doing well and enjoying being two-- old as that is!;-) Miss you guys!