Friday, March 31, 2006

Yeah, yeah yeah


OK, I know I have been bad about this blog. And I know the four of you who read it are crazy angry. Settle down! Get mad at me for something else - like not calling you. See how much you're seething now that I brought that up?

So, my sweet Annika. She is great - went to swim class today and she had a wonderful time. At swim class they actually submerge my precious girl below water level. Her little eyes have learned to shut, but have to be honest I'm not sure how much water/chlorine she's ingesting. But I try not to think about it. Neither should you.

It's been busy here at Casa Hakes. The little girl has decided that she needs to get to sleep a little earlier than in months passed. So now I only have about 2 hours to see her during the evening before she goes berzerk. This is good and bad. Bad, of course, because I don't get to spend nearly enough time with her. Good because I get to go to bed earlier too! Yes, I'm that selfish. Bedtime around here has been, oh, 9:30 - 10 p.m. And that's still late. I'm still ready to collapse on my Tempurpedic and never wake up again.

Also, we're starting weaning. Yes, it's true. My parents will be happy to hear about this since they have been worried about my hospital visits, pain and overall complaining. Of course since we're almost done with breastfeeding, now I miss it. How's that for fickle?

Finally, baby girl now has four teeth. The top two teeth are making their way through her sensitive gums, ans she's been surprisingly okay with it. Now, she does get bitter occassionally, but has learned to self-soothe. Good girl!

1 comment:

The Barbers said...

Berzerk. Oh yes, we know berzerk. What a perfect word.