Thursday, September 01, 2005

Play and music and stuff


Yesterday, Annika, Lisa and Nico and I went to Gymboree to check it out (yay for free preview classes!) My personal goal was to find other sources of entertainment for my baby girl. As interesting as I am to myself, I feel that my 8-week old sees through my attempts at entertainment pretty quickly during a bout of playtime. I was hoping that new voices, toys, sights and music would excite her.

Well, Annika's new least favorite thing is to be on her back unless she's going to bed. So all day long she either needs to be held, in the bouncy chair or propped up in some manner. The way that Gymboree Babies works is the baby lays on her little back and gets entertained by Mommy. Yeah, that didn't really happen. Annika would pout and finally cry until I picked her up. So, we didn't actually "participate" in the class, but I'm hopeful that once she gets used to it all, she might be more engaged and less fussy. I'm so optimistic!

So, Lisa and I signed our babies up for the 12-week class. I actually have to say that the instructor is great and the atmosphere in general is extremely tolerant and calm. The other mommies were real sweet and it always helps to observe other babies to make sure yours isn't crazy. (No Annika - not talking about you!)

Oh yes - she is also crazy adorable - I offer you proof:

1 comment:

Johnny K said...

yea ok, crazy adorable for sure! ;-)