Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mommies


One of the neatest things I've come across as a new mom is learning stuff from other new moms. It seems obvious, but sharing tips and ideas and how cool our babies are is a lot of fun - and educational!

For example, my pal
Lisa (Mommy of Nico Negrete) showed me the joys of the side-lying position. My daughter finally got the hang of it last night and this morning, and it rocked!

My pal
Tamara has also saved my life on several occasions. She was the very first person I told I was pregnant (after Chris, of course) because she happened to tell me about her pregnancy in an email, and I needed to spill! Since then we've traded stories on our pregnancies and babies (hers is Lydia Elaine and adorable) and her experiences on more than occasion have helped me relax about my own. I would go into detail, but Tamara and I are very frank and not sure she'd be into me telling the world about our war stories. But rest assured - she's been the best!

And then there's my friend
Mandy who gave birth to Travis a day before I gave birth to Annika. He is visiting us on Friday and can't wait to share more stories. :) What's amazing about the Knotts family is that they sent us flowers for Annika's birth - when Travis was born a day earlier! Is that crazy or what? The Knotts are the supportive type - you know; the kind that remember anniversaries (thanks for the card, Mandy) and birthdays. They're the kind of family that make you feel bad about your own lack of being able to get it together.

Can't do a post without my beautiful daughter's face... "Solid."

1 comment:

Johnny K said...

I would like to clarify for the record that full credit for the Knotts' "having it together" needs to go to Mandy. I'm just the lucky husband that gets too look good because my wife is hot, ...uh, I mean has it together and is a generous soul! Gotta love her ;-)