Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Babysitting, Part Deux

Today, Annika spent the day with Lisa and her Mom, Jean. Thank goodness there were two of them!

While I was at a doctor's appointment (scheduled for 11:30 and actually let into the exam room at 12 noon), Lisa and Jean apparently had a lovely time watching Annika. At least for the first hour.

From what I understand, my little "angel" was an angel at the beginning - having just been fed, she was happy and active - maybe a little pukey, but not crying. Such a win! She went to sleep soundly in Nico's swing and took a nice, long nap.

She awoke screaming, screaming, screaming...and as Lisa and Jean took Annika out of the swing to discover....she was covered in her own poo. The poo was on her clothes, on her body and on the swing (which has been used about 4 times total in its lifetime...)

Lisa and Jean defltly cleaned a screaming Annika and after they changed and cleaned her, they set out to feed her with the bottle I left behind. But she wasn't interested - only interested in screaming, screaming, screaming.

I arrived just in time - to find a fairly happy Annika on Jean's shoulder - though she was quite ready to eat. I fed her the bottle and she was pretty happy for the rest of her time there!

Now, does anyone know how to replace the cushion on a Graco swing???

I have no pictures from this drama day, but I do have a nice one of Nico and Annika -


1 comment:

Jenn/Momma said...

If I ever have twins, will you be my Nanny?